Monday, September 26, 2016

Episode 52: The One with the Cowboy

Hello everyone! It has been a week of miracles, as pretty much every week is here.

On Monday night we went to go check up on a girl who had been interested in getting baptized, but then kind of disappeared (it happens more often than you might think because some neighborhoods in this area are pretty transient). We were not able to find her, but we ran into a lady named Paige outside of the laundry room of the apartment complex, and we asked if she would like to learn more about Jesus Christ and His gospel, and she said yes, so we taught her the whole first lesson right then and there. Since then we have taught her 2 other times, and she came to church yesterday, which is the biggest thing that people are flaky about. She is praying about whether she should get baptized, and I am so excited for her!

On Tuesday we were knocking some houses that I had knocked once before, and no one had been interested last time, so I was not very confident that we would find anyone willing to listen, but I decided to just try it and see, and I am so glad we did. We met a 75 year old man named Delbert, but we call him Cowboy. He was a professional bull rider, and he also did saddle broncs until his leg got messed up. He still wears the belt buckles he won, and he has a lariat rope on the front of his walker, and he lassos stuff in his front yard. We talked to him about coming to church and about getting baptized, and he is so excited to come closer to Christ. 

Also, General Conference officially started with the women's session on Saturday. It was amazing! If you missed it, I am sorry, but it will be posted on LDS.org in a couple weeks. You can also watch the rest of conference on Saturday and Sunday, which I would highly recommend. It is a huge blessing that we have a living prophet and apostles, and that they speak to us so often and so specifically.

Also, it was really hot one day, but I didn't have a hair tie, so I braided my hair with a bread bag clip:

I think I deserve some points for creativity.


Well, that's all for this week. I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Lemon


No comments:

Post a Comment