Monday, September 19, 2016

Episode 51: The One

Hello everyone! It has been another great week of ups and downs. Being a missionary is certainly never boring!

So, on Tuesday we were knocking doors from 5 to 7 like we do every day. It all seemed pretty normal, until we found out that we had somehow wandered out of our area (oops!). As we were headed back to our car to figure out out how to get back into our area, we heard a big popping or smacking sound followed by screeching tires. We just looked at each other and started running toward the sound. It turns out there had been an accident at the end of the street, and there were witnesses, but no one had a phone to call 911, so we did that promptly. It was really lucky that we were there to make the call, because it was a pretty bad accident, and one older man had some lacerations on his arm that needed attention. We also had to open up one of the cars because the door was dented in and smoke was coming out. Luckily no one was seriously hurt, and I'm really glad that we were there, even if it wasn't in our area.

One of my favorite parts of missionary work is all the people we get to meet. Even when people don;t accept the gospel or don't do the things they say they will (like come to church or meet with us again later in the week), I really feel like it is a blessing just to meet so may amazing people and talk with them for a few minutes. I have learned so much from people I barely know, and it has really changed my life. Sister Powell and I are are particularly working on leaving everyone better than we found them, even if they aren't interested in or receptive to our message. It has been really cool to see the impact we can have in their lives, and I am grateful for that opportunity.

I have also been studying humility a lot this week. I love the idea that humility doesn't mean thinking less of yourself; it means thinking of yourself less. I am finding that the more I get outside of myself, the happier I am. If I truly focus on the needs of others and on how I can help them, I find I worry and stress a lot less. It's amazing how the gospel can bless us in literally EVERY aspect of our lives.  

Well, that is all for this week! I love you all. Have a great day!

Love,

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment