Monday, August 1, 2016

Episode 44: The One with the Heat Miracles

Hello everyone! This has been a great week. It has been really hot and stuffy, but Sister Gobrait and I have been working on not complaining about the heat, and I'm convinced that it has brought miracles. For example:

1) We were knocking some apartments, and the stairways felt like ovens. I thought I was going to slow roast to death. We started to complain a little, but I decided to just have faith in stead of frustration. I told Sister Gobrait that I was sure someone would be interested before our 2 hours of knocking were up. The next door we knocked, we found a man named Walter who invited us back and is interested in coming to church.

2) I was getting really thirsty but I had forgotten to bring my water bottle with me. I told myself I could make it 30 more minutes, but the dramatic part of me was sure I would perish before we were done. Just then, we knocked into a really sweet lady who said her mom joined the church about a year ago and has been telling her to check it out. She said she still hasn't decided if she is interested or not, but she was grateful for everything that missionaries had done for her mom. She invited us in and gave us water with lemon and cucumber, and I was pretty much a happy camper. She asked us some questions about how missions work and about the temple, and then she gave us a whole frozen pizza, a bag or apples, and some granola bars. People are so amazing!

3) We had 15 minutes between an appointment and dinner, and we decided to go check on someone who had been interested a few months ago, but we hadn't been able to get a hold of her. She still wasn't home, but we met her neighbors, who had just moved  in a week or two ago. They are a really sweet married (yes, they are already married!) couple with two little girls. They are really interested in learning more about the gospel and in coming to church.

I have also been thinking a lot this week about patience and happiness. I am realizing more and more that patience isn't waithing through sadness until happiness comes again. Patience is choosing to be happy even when your circumstances could be an excuse to be negative. Happiness is available to us at any time if we seek it out.

That's all for this week!

Love, 

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment