Monday, November 30, 2015

Episode 8: The One with the Flight Plans

Hello everyone!

So, we were supposed to get our flight plans on Friday, and we went at lunch to pick them up. They weren't there. We went after dinner. They still weren't there. We were all very sad, thinking we wouldn't get them until today. But then our district leader got them right before the place closed, and surprised us with them right before we all went back to our residences that night. It was super sneaky of him, but we were all so happy!

Speaking of flight plans, I am flying all by myself because I am the only missionary in any language going anywhere in Washington on Tuesday (as in a week from tomorrow). I never thought I would say this, but it is going to be so weird not having a companion with me for a few hours! I have to report to the travel office at 4:30 A.M., and I will be in Tacoma by 10:00. That's before the rest of my district even reports to the travel office!

This week has been relatively uneventful otherwise. Mostly everything is just the same. But this upcoming week is going to be crazy! We have a bunch of departure meetings, and Thursday is a crazy day because it is Thanksgiving. Actually, I'm really excited for Thanksgiving. We are going to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal, 3 devotionals, a giant service project, and a talent show. It should be really cool!

We taught another Skype lesson this week, and this time we taught 3 people at the same time, and one of them isn't a member of our church! I was really nervous about it, but it went better than I expected, and afterward she told our teachers that she thinks she would like to learn more about our church from the missionaries in Cambodia!

On the language front, this has been a really good week for me. My fluency has gotten a lot better, and I rarely need to use English. I think one day this week my whole district is going to try to go a whole day with no English, which made me really nervous before, but now I feel like I could do it no problem! My pronunciation is not very good right now. but even that is getting better. And I can read without looking at my alphabet! Well, I still need it for some of the letters, but mostly not. This all gives me hope that maybe an actual Cambodian could understand me. Yay!

I want to leave you with a thought from John 4:18, which says "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear". I have been thinking about this scripture a lot this week because there are lots of things about leaving the MTC and heading out into the real world that scare me. But I know that there is nothing to be scared of when we have our Heavenly Father on our side. He loves each of us perfectly, and therefore will not let anything happen to us that we cannot handle.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Love,

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment