Monday, November 16, 2015

Episode 7: The One with the Snow!

Hi everyone! It snowed all morning here and I am super happy about it! I'll send you pictures of it after this.

This week we taught a lesson via Skype to someone actually in Cambodia! Her name is Somaly, and she was super nice. I was super nervous about it, but it went really well, and now I am a lot less nervous about teaching real people rather than role plays! I'm also feeling both more confident and more lacking in my Cambodian language all at once, which is weird, but motivational.

In other news, I get my flight plans this Friday! it seems so crazy that I leave the MTC in 2 weeks. I started feeling like I was never going to leave. I love the MTC and the people here, but I am so excited to get to Tacoma and teach real people!

I sang in church yesterday. I was shaking the whole time because I was so nervous! But I think it went OK. The number is called "His Hands" by Kenneth Cope, and it is super beautiful. If you have never heard it, you should look it up. The lyrics are amazing.

I have started working on free throws every morning during gym time, and on Friday I made 20 in half an hour. That is not really important, but I thought you all might like to know.

We had the chance to do a new missionary orientation for some English speaking missionaries this Wednesday. It was really cool to have a glimpse back to my first day 6.5 weeks ago and see how much I have learned and grown since then. It was a very unique experience, and it really helped me appreciate that all my hard work is actually paying off.

This week in choir we sang "Nearer My God to Thee", and it was so powerful! Did you know that hymn tells the story of Jacob wandering in the desert as he is running away from Esaw who is trying to kill him? If you listen to it with that story in mind, it takes on a whole new layer of meaning. For example, it says "darkness be over me, my rest a stone", which I always assumed meant the singer was sleeping very soundly, but what it really refers to is Jacob sleeping in the desert with a rock as a pillow.

My favorite line from "Nearer My God to Thee" says "So by my woes to be, Nearer my God to Thee", which I absolutely love! I wan't to be the kind of person who uses my hard times to grow closer to my Heavenly Father rather than make me bitter or sad.

I want to leave you with a scripture from John 13:17. It says "If ye know these things, happy are ye if you do them". I have been thinking a lot this week about how to go from someone who knows a lot about the gospel to someone who shows they know a lot about the gospel through their actions.

Well, that is all for this week! stay warm everyone.

Love,

Sister Lemon


My district in the snow!

Look how beautiful the temple is in the snow!

This is my companionship playing in the snow this morning. It really was snowing. I don't know why you can't see it in this picture.

Is this artsy or boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment