Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Episode 6: The One with the Dairy Allergy

Hello everyone!

This week has been great!

To start out, I have discovered I am allergic to dairy. I was feeling sick after most meals, and I couldn't figure out why. I figured it must just be that the food was heavier than I am used to. Then, last Sunday, I threw up everything I ate, which was a little unfortunate, but I decided I needed to figure out what the problem was. After some experimenting, I have discovered that it is dairy. I'm ok if I have a little cheese or ranch, or if it is cooked into something, but milk, ice cream, or cream based soups are a problem. But the MTC has 3 different kinds of non-dairy milk available for me and non-dairy ice cream that is super delicious, too! And I feel a lot healthier and happier, which is what is really important.

It snowed for the first time since I have been here this week! It was just a little bit, and none of it stuck, but it still made me really happy. The weather here is beautiful and fall-y, but the buildings are always freezing! I bring a coat to wear during class and then take it off when I go outside!

Also, for those of you who know about my Cambodian scripture case, I met the girl who gave it to me this week! For those of you who don't know, I met a girl on an online advice site who gave me lots of advice about the Cambodian language, and sent me a Cambodian scripture case because I won;t have the opportunity to get one. It was really awesome to meet her and to be able to thank her in person.

Now for the funny story of the week. I was teaching a lesson on repentance, and I was talking about how repentance has two parts: praying for forgiveness and help from our Heavenly Father, and changing our actions and desires to be better. I was really into it and feeling really good about it, but when I finished my thought, the person had this super confused look on his face. Sister Pace asked if he head a question, and he said "repentance has two what"? Long story short, I told him repentance has two stars. I clarified "not stars! Parts! Repentance has two PARTS!" We laughed about it, but then he said he understood and it makes sense to him.

My biggest takeaway this week has been that life is all about the attitude you face it with. My district all has an amazing outlook on life and a desire to grow and become better, rather than complain or get discouraged. It is amazing to see how far that outlook takes us.

I want to leave you with a quote from Tuesday's devotional by Elder Richard J. Maynes. He said"keep your faith higher than your fear". I love that! It is ok to have fears or worries, as long as you don't let them overwhelm your hope. Life isn't easy, but we always have our loving Heavenly father on our side, and with His help, we can do anything. Therefore, our faith should always be higher than our fear.

I love you all! Have a wonderful Monday!

Love,

Sister Lemon

P.S. This is all the sisters in my district in our Halloween costumes. The first is us dressed up like each other, and the second is us in our own clothes so you can compare and see what a great job we did!




No comments:

Post a Comment