Saturday, May 7, 2016

Episode 31: The One Where I Get Lost... A Lot

Hello everyone! This week has been crazy. Training is hard, but it is also awesome, because Sister Pen is great. I get lost or turned around at least 70% of the places we go, but we always get there eventually! I told our bishop's wife that I sometimes feel like I have no idea what I am doing, and I'm just making stuff up as I go, and she said pretty much every day of her life feels like that, and she turned out fine, so that makes me feel better! In all seriousness though, I think that is kind of the whole reason we are sent to this earth. We couldn't learn or progress without being put into situations that we aren't comfortable or familiar with. As cheesy as it is, here really is no growth in the comfort zone. And I am doing A LOT of growing right now for sure!

We are still working with Om Jon, and he is great. Actually, his name is Om Chon, we just misheard him the first time. Plus, I am terrible at spelling anyway. Anyway, he has a great desire to follow Christ and be baptized, but he feels like he can't leave his wife, who has spine cancer, long enough to go to church, so he doesn't want to commit to a baptism date. But they are the sweetest couple. They call me the Frenchie (apparently Cambodians assume all white people are French and eat lots of bread).I am really hopeful that we can find a way to get them to church, because I have already seen how much prayer has blessed them, and I know taking the Sacrament will be amazing for them. We are praying hard, and trusting that the Lord will provide a way.

We are also working with a boy named Avion right now. He lives with his grandparents, who were interested for a while, but then decided that they already know everything they care to know and don't want to learn more. But Avion comes to church every week with one of his friends, and he loves learning about God and Jesus. He went to a baptism last week, and afterward asked us if he could do that too! So, we are working with him so that he can get baptizedon Saturday, and he is really excited about it.Every time he prays with us, he prays that he can still get baptized on Saturday. It is really cute!

We had a multi-stake missionary musical fireside yesterday, which was awesome for a lot of reasons. I got to see some people from the American Lake ward, which was awesome. But what was really amazing was how strong the Spirit was. I would try to express it to you, but I cannot. The gospel is true, friends! I don't know how it could not be.

I have been thinking a lot this week this a quote from General Conference, which someone hung on the wall of our apartment:


I have been thinking about what making space in my life for others looks like. There a lots of answers to that question, and it varies from situation to situation, but I have learned a lot about charity and how to build a quality relationship with someone. It has been really cool, and I highly recommend trying it!

Well,that's all for this week! Have a great day my lovelies!

Love,

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment