Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Episode 16: The One with My New Companion

Hello everyone! Happy Transfer Day!

Today Sister Humphreys is going home! Also, Sister Johansen is transferring to American Lake, which is a little south of us, to train a new English sister. Our car is crammed full of their suitcases and bags, plus the four of us. I'm amazed we fit so much in a Corolla.

This means that Sister Rydalch and I are now companions, which I am really excited about. We started our companionship by cleaning out our fridge and our closets, because the fridge was too full, and the closets had stuff left behind in them from the original Cambodian sisters, who have been gone for years! We have big plans for this transfer already, so stay tuned.

Our Elders had a really awesome baptism on Saturday. The person who got baptized is named Jeff, and he is really cool. He used to have lots of drug problems, but he decided he wanted to change and get away from that lifestyle. He moved in with a member of our church who doesn't come as often, mostly because of health issues, and she referred him to the Elders. They have been teaching him for about 3 weeks, and he just loves the church. He is going to rehab in about a month, but he said the church will always be a part of his life from now on. The Spirit was so strong at his baptism, that almost everyone in the room was crying. It was really amazing.

I've been thinking a lot about the concept of missing people recently, and I found a scripture that I think goes along with that concept really well. It is in Alma 17:2, when 5 best friends all meet back up after their missions, and it says that they rejoiced to see each other, but that what was more important than seeing each other was knowing that they were all "still bretheren in the Lord". I'm not saying that it's not okay to miss people, but it gives me comfort to know that the people that mean so much to me are still my "bretheren in the Lord", even when they are miles (or continents) away.

Well, off to stuff ourselves back in the clown car to drop off the departing.

I love you all, and am glad to have the opportunity to know you.

Love,

Sister Lemon

Elder Henderson is trying to hide the fact that he is taking 2 cheesecakes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment