Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Episode 15: The One with the Chick-fil-A Birthday

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you all.

I'm sure you are all anxiously waiting to hear about my exchange. Well, it was awesome! I learned a lot and I feel like I'm doing things different already. Sister Dale does things very differently from Sister Humphreys, and she has TONS of awesome techniques and skills that I want to develop that I didn't even know I was missing out on. I feel like the bar has been raised for my missionary work, but I'm really excited about the challenge and I'm stretching already!

Things are changing a lot right now. Sister Humphreys leaves in exactly a week, and she has started packing and sending things home. Next transfer, I will be companions with Sister Rydalch or Sister Johansen, but not both, and we won't know which one of them is going to a different area to do English missionary work until Saturday! It's going to be really weird to only have 2 people in our apartment. But, I am excited to not be a greenie any more.

Sister Johansen's birthday was yesterday, as well as 2 other sisters in our zone, so we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, and I found out that Chick-fil-A gives you a free stuffed cow on your birthday! It was a lot of fun to spend time with the sisters because we are all so different but still so awesome. I am the youngest sister in my zone, possibly in the whole mission, and some of the sisters in my zone are 26! It's really cool to see both our similarities and our differences.

In other fun stories, a 50 year old man answered his door with a billy club the other night. He said he thought a knock on his door at 7:00 was "bad news". If you've ever watched the show White Collar, he looked and sounded just like Mozzie, so I was having a hard time not laughing as he talked about conspiracy theories.

I also almost got eaten by a Chihuahua that same night. I think it just wanted to chew on something that moved, so luckily it kept getting distracted by cars. It was terrifying.

On a more uplifting note, I want to share a quote from Elder Uchtdorf. He said "You may feel that there are others who are more capable or more experienced who could fulfill your callings and assignments better than you can, but the Lord gave you your responsibilities for a reason. There may be people and hearts only you can reach and touch. Perhaps no one else could do it in quite the same way." I love this, because sometimes it is so easy to compare ourselves to others and feel like we are less than them, and therefore we should just quit. But if only perfect people could make things happen, nothing would ever happen. I know that if we try our best, God will make that effort enough, and we will see amazing things happen in our lives.

I love you all! Keep being the amazing people you are.

Love,

Sister Lemon

P.S. I promise I'm not a red head, it just looks like it in these pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment