Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Episode 14: The One with the Blue Weave

Hello friends and family!

Life is good up here in the WA-TAC. It actually snowed on Sunday! It "snowed" once before up here, but I would call it semi-solid rain or slush-falling-from-the-sky. But on Sunday it for real snowed! Like, it even stuck to the ground. My companion built a tiny snowman while I was giving our weekly call-in report (which is when we tell our district leader about our week over the phone). We also had to push our car up a hill because it only has front wheel drive and the car in front of us decided to stop, and so we lost all momentum and couldn't get going again. When we finally got onto flatter ground, all of the sudden the car just took off, and I thought I was going to get left behind. But it was actually really good, because snow is so rare here that a ton of people were out playing in it, and we talked to a lot of people.

As to the title of this email, we started teaching a lady named Charmaine, and she has a super long blue weave.

We had zone conference this week, which is when the mission president and some other mission leadership come and train us on different aspects of being better missionaries. The focus of this conference was working better with the members, and it was super awesome! We will still be knocking our 5-7s every day and street contacting to find new people, but we are also trying to learn how to better use members in every step of our efforts. It was really awesome.

Today I'm going on a companion exchange, which means that I will have a Sister Training Leader as my companion for 24 hours. I'm really excited to learn a lot from her, but I'm also kind of nervous because I have to be responsible for knowing where things are in our area so that we don't get lost!

I have learned a lot this week about how the answers to prayer come to us. There is a quote in one of our teaching resources that says this about answers to prayers:

"This knowledge can be miraculous and life changing, but it usually comes as a quiet assurance, without spectacular displays of God’s power."

I know this to be true. Sometimes the smallest things are really the biggest things. And, if you haven't ever felt this before, I encourage you to try it for yourself. I promise God will answer your prayers.

I love you all bunches and I will write you again next week!

Love,
Sister Lemon

zone Christmas activity

No comments:

Post a Comment