Monday, October 24, 2016

Episode 56: The One with Cowboy - Part 2

Hello everyone! This week has been a wet one. It reminds me of when I first got to Washington. It's crazy to think that I have lived here for all 4 seasons now!

So, if you remember back to Episode 52: The One with the Cowboy, before I got transferred, Sister Powell and I were teaching an older man named Delbert who we called cowboy. Well, he got baptized yesterday!!



It was one of the best baptisms I have been to. Cowboy was so excited, he let go of his walker and started dancing! It's amazing to me how much the gospel can change our lives, no matter how much of our life we have already lived, or how much we have left to go. 

We've also been working with a lady named Alyssa, and she has taught me a lot about teaching the way the Savior taught. She told us that she has has tons of missionaries knock on her door, and she has even let a few into her house, but she has never invited them back for another lesson. What made her interested this time is that Sister Bolos used an analogy about her daughter on her doorstep, and that was the first time she really felt like the gospel related to her life. Ever the next few lessons we have taught her, we used a lot of analogies, and she finally asked how we knew she liked analogies so much, because she hadn't told us yet. We explained that we try to teach in a way that fits the individual we are teaching, and that the Spirit is the one who is really touching her heart and making things make sense. That really touched her, and I think she really felt the Savior's love for her through us.

Other than that, Sister Bolos and I are still being goofy and loving life!



We found some funny, fluffy pig slippers at Walmart on Monday. I couldn't convince Sister Bolos to buy them.

Well, that's all for this week! 

Love,

Sister Lemon



No comments:

Post a Comment