Monday, April 18, 2016

Episode 29: The One with the Temple Trip

Hello everyone! Lots of news this week!


First of all, I am getting transferred again! I'm going back to the Cambodian area to train a new sister, Sister Pen. She is from Cambodia, and I am so excited to be her companion. I have emailed her (before I knew I would be her trainer), and she sounds awesome!I'm a little nervous because the boundaries of the area were changed yesterday, and a lot of things are going to be different, and I'm the one who has to know what is going on and how things work. But I know it will all work out because God qualifies those he calls.


Also, I got to go to the temple this week! Sister Rydalch and I had the opportunity to take Souhan to do baptisms for his family. It was really cool, and it was great to see him again. Souhan is like my mission best friend.

 


Because we took Souhan to the temple, Sister Rydalch and I got to be companions again for the day, which was really fun. It's cool how much has changed in the past transfer and how much hasn't.


Other than that, this week has been pretty slow. The weather has been really nice, and I think everyone decided that meant they should not be home.


The theme of this week for me has been trusting God. There are a lot of things in my life that I don't understand in my life right now, but I am realizing more and more that that is alright. I particularly like Proverbs 3:5-6, which says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." I know that the more I trust God and His timing, the happier I find myself, and the more I realize that he definitely knows what I need better than I do. Trusting in Him is not always easy for me, but it is definitely worth it.


I love you all! I will write you again next Monday (yes, Monday. I told you things are changing!)


Love,


Sister Lemon

Inline image 1
This is Sister Ireland and me looking normal and cute.

Inline image 2
This is more how we feel most of the time: a little scatter brained but still happy!

Inline image 3
And this is how Sister Ireland feels about me leaving:

No comments:

Post a Comment