Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Episode 22: The One Where You Should Never Make Assumptions

Hello friends! It has been a crazy week. I feel like I always start out by saying that, but this week is extra true.

So, today is transfer day, which means the day people get moved around and swap companions, and stuff like that. Sister Rydalch and I had assumed we were both just staying where we are because it made a lot of logical sense and because we have only been companions for 6 weeks. But no!

Here is what happening. Sister Rydalch is staying in the Cambodian area, but she is getting an English speaking missionary right out of the MTC, and training her in our area. Which means I am leaving.

Yes, I am being transferred. I am going to an area called American Lake, which is in the city of Lakewood, which is just outside of Tacoma. I am going to be follow up training, meaning my companion has been out for 6 weeks and is still in the 12 week training program. This is all pretty crazy for a few reasons, namely the fact that (1) I just finished my first 12 weeks (Sister Rydalch was my follow up trainer), and (2) because Cambodian sisters usually don't leave the Cambodian area for at least 6 months, sometimes more, and I have only been here for 3. But I am super excited! American Lake is half civilian and half an army base. We aren't allowed to proselyte on the base, but we can teach people if they are referred by their friends or by the Church's military relations. We are also going to be the family history sisters, which means we work in the family history center hand help new members do their genealogy work so that they can take their family names to the temple.

Anyway, life has been all over the place because of that. I had to pack up all my stuff so that I can move into American Lake, and we cleaned our apartment for Sister Rydalch's greenie to move in. Plus, we were tying to teach Serian (from last week) all the lessons this week because he wanted to be baptized on Sunday. We got so close, but Sundaymorning he texted us and said he had gone out of town and would not be able to come to church that day, much less get baptized, so then we had to cancel all the preparations we had made for his baptism. But not to worry, he is getting baptized this week or next week, and I might be able to get permission to come back for the baptism. We shall see!

Also, our recent convert had her baby. Her name is Chalita and she is adorable.



That's all for this week! I love you all, and I will write you again next week (on Monday!) from American Lake!

Love,

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment