Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Episode 19: The One with the Baptism!


This is Sakura (pronounced like saKAHruh). She is the 11 year old step daughter of one of our recent converts. Her brother is going to get baptized this weekend as well, and our goal is to teach their dad, and then one year from now take them to the temple to be sealed together as a family for all eternity.

Sakura is awesome. She has already invited 3 friends to church and church activities. She's super sassy, but she has a real desire to do good and to be a good person. Plus, she feed us babaa (I don't know how to spell that), which is a delicious Cambodian rice soup. Basically, she an Sohan (her brother) are my favorite people right now.

I also went to a Samoan baptism this weekend. I didn't understand anything because it was all in Samoan, but it was still amazing. I want to be as kind and generous as the Samoans, and as spiritual and accepting of others as the Cambodians. Also, there were more people at the Samoan baptism than at church for my area, which is awesome because people don't usually make the effort to come out for convert baptisms unless you specifically ask them to.

Ok, here is the part where I ask for your help. We are teaching a way awesome couple, Chris and Tara. They are super receptive to the gospel, and they have an amazing desire to do what is right for themselves and for their kids (they have 5 kids total from previous marriages). I honestly believe that they have been prepared by God to receive the gospel, change their lives, and be baptized. But here is the problem. They are not married, but they have been living together for a year. For those of you who don't know, they have to either live separately or get married before they can be baptized. So, I would like you all to pray that a way will be provided that they will be eligible to be baptized. I know that God answers our prayers, and I know that together we can see miracles through our collective faith.

Well, that is all for today. Until next week!

Love,

Sister Lemon

This is Sakura and Sohan. Sohan is 14 and loves basketball, even though he doesn't even come up to my shoulder. But he's about the sweetest 14 year old boy you can imagine.
I told you Sakura is my best friend! She always says that Sister Rydalch is the goofy one and I'm the thinking one.

No comments:

Post a Comment