Monday, October 5, 2015

Hi everybody!

I have reached my fist planning day here at the MTC, and therefore my first opportunity to email you all.

I love it here! My experience so far has been nothing but positive. At the end of every day, We spend 15 minutes reflecting on our day, and every day I just feel so happy and grateful and full of joy at the amazing opportunity and experience this is.

I am lucky enough to have TWO companions, not Just one. Sister Pace and Sister Clark are awesome, and I'm so glad I get to spend all day every day with them. I'm still getting used to having to take 2 people with me everywhere I go, but they're so great to be around, that I don't even mind

I also have an amazing district (class). There are 4 elders ad 7 sisters, which is actually pretty huge compared to most other districts. Everyone in my district is going to Cambodia except for me, which is funny because whenever anyone asks us "where are you all going", someone answers for the group with "we are all going to Cambodia", and then I say "Except for me! I'm speaking Cambodian in Tacoma!"

Speaking of Cambodian, I am loving learning this language! Its very different from the other languages I've learned because the constructions are actually very simple, but the vocabulary and pronunciation is hard. But I definitely feel hopeful about my learning. I can already pray and bear my testimony, and we taught a (very short) role play lesson completely in Cambodian on our third day here! I know that Heavenly Father is helping us, because what we have done during our time here would be IMPOSSIBLE without Him. We are also a real support for each other as we learn together and help each other.

We have a really special event later today. The ambassador from Vietnam is coming to observe our district and decide whether to open Vietnam to missionaries! Right now only Vietnamese people can go into Vietnam as missionaries, but they are considering changing that, and this visit is going to help influence that decision. No pressure! A staff member is going to take a picture of us with the ambassador, so I will get to send that to you all next week.

Speaking of pictures, I promise I have some, but I have to send them in a separate email, so look forward to those shortly.

Also, my trio lives with 2 sisters who are going to Hong Kong, which is really cool because we get to hear them speak in Cantonese sometimes. They also like listening to us try to speak Cambodian.

The MTC has also unlocked in me a love for salads! I know that probably comes as a surprise to some of you, but the salads here are DELICIOUS!! Pretty much all I eat is soup, salads, and fruit, and it's awesome.

Well, I know I kinda jumped around there, but I just have so much to say and I'm so excited to share everything with you all. In summary, I love the MTC, the gospel is awesome, and I will send pictures shortly.

Love,

Sister Lemon

P.S. I would love to hear from you all! You can email me at this address, and I will check it (and respond!) every Monday. Or, while I am in the MTC, you can use DearElder.com to contact me. This is really cool because it is free, and they actually print your messages out and give physical copies every day! All you have to do is go to DearElder.com, select "write a missionary", and then follow the steps. Info you will need is:
My Mission: Provo MTC
My Unit Number: 261
My Departure Date: DEC01
Mission Code WA-TAC
I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment