Monday, July 4, 2016

Episode 40: The One With Fireworks

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July. Fireworks have been going off here for days (not the big ones, just small stuff). We were walking between some apartments in a complex, and some kids were playing with fireworks, and I was really scared for their safety, especially after they caught the grass on fire. But as far as I know, no one got hurt.

We went to Yaiy, our Cambodian grandma's house again this week (the one from Episode 36: The One with the Old Lady and a Kitchen Fire). Guess what, she came to church this week! That's the first time on my whole mission that she has come, and it was awesome. We even went to help her get dressed before church. She's so cute!

I've also been reading a lot about listening recently. I realized that hearing is what you do wit your ears, but listening is what you do with your heart. I know that sounds really cheesy, but it's really true! You can hear and not do anything, but when you listen, it causes you to act. I have started carrying around a tiny notebook to write down all kinds of stuff so that I can work on listening rather than just hearing, and it's awesome! I am learning tons from things I never would have noticed before.

Well, that's all for this week folks! Oh, except this picture of mini golfing last week. I got 2nd! 

I love you all!

Love,

Sister Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment